Sunday, March 8, 2015

Hard Crackers

HARD CRACKERS... Civil War Legacies pattern
Row # 1 and #2
 
I don't know about you...but I am always working on several projects at a time.
AND
I get a lot of scraps...so this pattern just seemed perfect!
I must admit that this "little" project is time consuming ,but the end result
is going to be worth it.
 
First....plan to make a MESS! Sorting thru all those fabric scraps takes time.
and is a messy job.
 Also working with such small pieces of fabric has its challenges.
So, here are a few of my favorite things......
.
 
 
I love my small creative grids ruler and Rowenta travel iron for any small
piecing projects...Magic sizing or MaryEllens spray to stabilize the fabric.
Small applique pins,a sharp rotary cutter, pigma or frixion pen
and
Do I see Chocolate?
 
Row #3 and #4
 
Working with such small pieces does have its challenges and you
 have to pay attention to your seams allowances.
I am not a fan of the so called scant 1/4" seam, but in this case I had to keep
the seam really close to the 1/4".
Also, all the seams had to be pressed open in order to lay flat.
Now to finish the last 2 rows and decide on the borders!
Hope you all are having a great day!
 
HAPPY STITCHING,
Peg
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment