Tuesday, February 12, 2013

New Quilt for our Bed

QUILT TOP

Our bed needs a new quilt. so I decided to make something fast.
The blocks are large 25" finished  with 3 across and 3 down and sashing between blocks.
The quilt now measures 82" x 82" without border......................
My problem is whether to put a border on or not???

I do like a litte bit of a drop on the sides of the quilt , but might not need it.

We are going to paint the bedroom a darker color , so I thought that I would keep the background of the quilt on the lighter side. This will probably be a summer quilt.


QUILT with a border...

What do you think???   Border or no border..........umm?

Here is what is on the bed now....
I made this quilt from the Oak Leaves and Reel collection  and have always loved it.
But ....it has a flannel back and is to heavy for warmer weather.

Our Winter Quilt....Oak Leaves and Reel

I must make a decision on the borders soon, so I can finish the quilt! (Sigh)

Happy Stitching,
Peg


2 comments: